Saturday, May 24, 2014

The man who speaks to the soul - LUDOVICO EINAUDI

I can't get enough of his music - and I know what to reach for and listen to every time I am stressed, or tired or down trodden, or just want to get away from everyday chores and transend to a beautiful, wonderful place - and yes,  I have used the word " transend" because that exactly what Ludovico's music does, it speaks to your soul and carries it away on a beautiful melodious journey of highs and lows and sheer, utter bliss. There is something so pure, so true, so touching about the unspoken words and feelings his music conveys to your soul-  you can't help but be affected by it.

Ludovico is a composer par genius - he has taken traditional orchestra and shaken it up a bit -  bringing in musical influences and instruments from around the world and blending them all harmoniously together to create amazing pieces that are a treat to listen to. He is also an amazing pianist, with dexterous fingers that sometimes hover over and sometimes linger on keys for just the right amount of time to create exactly the effect he wants his notes to create. He plays with passion and clearly, clearly loves what he does - you can't make music like that otherwise.


Every time I listen to one of his pieces I close my eyes and let my soul drift away on a journey of  wonder and serenity - and afterwards, I feel surprisingly refreshed  - in a better state of mind, in a better mood, feel lighter and can see and appreciate the beauty all around me once again...

The Offended

We have become a global community on taking offense over anything and everything. We not only take offense on a daily basis over trivial ...