Thursday, February 20, 2014

DESIGN YOUR DESTINY

When growing up, people often ask you where your interests lie and what do you want to be when you are older - the bizarre thing is no one asks the most important, fundamental question- what kind of person you aspire to be - after all that's what defines us ultimately, not our jobs, our careers, our salary package, no, none of that - but the person we grow up into.

 I never always knew what I wanted to do in my life - but I always knew the kind of person I wanted to be - and that for me was a person with grace, integrity, riding the storm of life with a calm exterior - a person who believes and strives for balance, harmony and all things beautiful. It's been a journey getting to be that person, and I can honestly admit I am not there yet, but it's getting easier as I grow older - because like any other career  goalposts that require work and commitment, getting to be the person you aspire to be requires commitment and dedication as well. All the great people in this world were not born great, they aspired greatness and diligently worked towards it. Nothing is handed out for free here, believe me!

You might disagree here with me and think - But I can name plenty of people who have it easy! They are born rich, can afford to be philanthropic and achieve greatness that way- but don't forget,  that doesn't necessarily make them great, who they are as people has nothing to do what what they have or can afford to dish out to others.

Although life does look and feel like a series of chances, sometimes you even feel helpless in the face of all it throws at you (and I have had those moments too), there is really at all times, even in the worst, most painful situations, some elements in your power - sometimes it's just as simple as how you perceive the situation, because when all else fails that's the one thing that you can whip out  -like a secret weapon to make your life easier, better for yourself.  You really are in control of your own destiny, your choices define who you are, your actions take you where you want to be.

I found this on the web today,  everyone should read this once in a while to remind themselves of who they want to become. So design your own destiny, the way you want, it's possible but only if you choose to...

I choose to live my life by choice, not chance;
To make changes, not excuses;
To be motivated, not manipulated;
To be useful, not used;
To excel, not compete;
I choose self esteem, not self pity;
I choose to listen to my inner voice, not random opinion of others.
Anon


The Offended

We have become a global community on taking offense over anything and everything. We not only take offense on a daily basis over trivial ...