Friday, December 13, 2013

ON GETTING OLDER and WISER

They say wisdom comes with age, it is a product of multitude years of experiences good or bad, moments awkward and pleasurable, happy or sad - all make us wiser and more attuned to life's ups and downs. But somehow, I feel wisdom has passed me by, unfortunately getting older hasn't. I still find myself in awkward situations so insanely déjà vu-ish that I end up kicking myself mentally all the while blabbering to salvage the moment.

On a work-related appraisal recently, as I sat across form my two line managers, who on any ordinary day would be fairly jovial and friendly -both looked somber, even slightly menacing. That itself  should have been warning enough for any person to know what was coming their way and prepare themselves likewise, but no, not me. I suffered from no such wonderful insights. I ended up opening my mouth and digging a hole so deep for myself that there was no coming up for air after that  - I sat there like an idiot, mentally kicking myself  and thinking 'oops I did it again' - Brittany style. Come on elusive wisdom, where are you, surely I am old enough to whip you out in situations like these  - right?

The Offended

We have become a global community on taking offense over anything and everything. We not only take offense on a daily basis over trivial ...